SANTA MARIA, CA
Do you have strong math skills? Are you also proficient in Excel? AtWork Personnel Santa Maria is currently hiring for Payroll Specialist!
Job details for Payroll Specialist:
- $20.00/hr, depending on experience
- Direct Hire Position
- Full-time hours
- Process payroll bi-weekly
- Ensure payroll information is being maintained and accurately updated by collecting and calculating figures based on data provided.
- Responsible for updating the following payroll records; changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, saving deductions, job title, department transfers, etc.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability and non-taxable wages.
- Determines payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state income and social security taxes and resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintain payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Prepares employment verification letters as requested.
- Process adjustments to quarter and year-end payroll tax filings.
- May work on other projects as it relates to the accounting department.
Job requirements for Payroll Specialist:
Qualified candidates must have strong math and analytical skills, strong data entry skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must have attention to detail and must be proficient in Excel. Experience with QuickBooks is a plus! Biligual in English/Spanish preferred.
Please apply by clicking the link below, then call AtWork Santa Maria (805) 928-6555.
*For more information on this or other opportunities, text ATWORK to 25000*
Malaina was born in San Luis Obispo and raised in Santa Maria, CA. She joined the AtWork team in March of 2018 after her prior employer, ABBA Employer Services, Inc., was acquired by AtWork Personnel. In her former work as a waitress, Malaina gained a love for customer service and helping people in any way possible. She started her staffing career doing payroll and clerical work and eventually worked her way to recruitment. During her spare time, Malaina loves spending time with her husband and family, doing BBQs, and watching movies.