Looking to work within a team on a hands-on project in Duffield, VA? Then AtWork Personnel has the opportunity for you!
Job Type: Full Time
Job Length: Temp-to-Hire
Benefits: AtWork Personnel offers medical, dental and vision benefits!
- Study blueprints and diagrams to determine dimensions of structure or form to be constructed.
- Measure materials or distances, using square, measuring tape, or rule to lay out work.
- Cut or saw boards, timbers, or plywood to required size, using hand saw, power saw, or woodworking machine.
- Assemble and fasten material together to construct wood or metal framework of structure, using bolts, nails, or screws.
- Anchor and brace forms and other structures in place, using nails, bolts, anchor rods, steel cables, planks, wedges, and timbers.
- Mark cutting lines on materials, using pencil and scriber.
- Erect forms, framework, scaffolds, hoists, roof supports, or chutes, using hand tools, plumb rule, and level.
- Install rough door and window frames, subflooring, fixtures, or temporary supports in structures undergoing construction or repair.
- Examine structural timbers and supports to detect decay, and replace timbers as required, using hand tools, nuts, and bolts.
- Bore boltholes in timber, masonry or concrete walls, using power drill.
- Fabricate parts, using woodworking and metalworking machines.
- Dig or direct digging of post holes and set poles to support structures.
- Build sleds from logs and timbers for use in hauling camp buildings and machinery through wooded areas.
- Build chutes for pouring concrete.
- Willing to lift heavy objects (30-50lbs) on occasion
- High school Diploma/ GED
- Must be able to read a tape measure
- Must be able to effectively use hand tools, such as; hammers, saws, power drills, clamps, and other related items
- Must be reliable and punctual
- Be able to work within a team to maximize productivity
- No experience required!
Respond to this ad by clicking the link below in order to speak with AtWork Personnel's recruiter about scheduling a job interview!