TAZEWELL, VA 24651
Battery Field Technician
Are you looking for a position in the Tazewell County Area? AtWork Personnel Marion is currently searching for qualified candidates for Battery Field Technician!
- Safely provide mining equipment lead acid battery services in the SE Region as directed by SE Management. This shall include on-site maintenance and repair of batteries, coordination of off-site repairs and installation of new batteries as required.
- Call on customers for the purpose of selling on-site service or repair, or the off-site repair or complete re-tray of batteries.
- Check batteries and maintain maintenance logs on each as required by the customer.
- Evaluate and repair batteries on site where possible; if on-site repair not possible then coordinate off-site shop repairs.
- Complete on-site repairs as required including: Cleaning/washing, check acid specific gravity using a hydrometer, adding water, adding acid to adjust specific gravity, replacing cells, replacing/repairing straps, wiring lugs, etc. Inspect and evaluate battery cases/lids and repair on-site as possible. If on-site repairs cannot be made, coordinate transport and repair at the Tazewell shop.
- Maintain on-site battery repair tools as required.
- Maintain repair parts inventory as required.
- Work with customers and pass along information on potential customer needs to SE Management.
- Maintain MSHA Underground Miner and Electrical Certification
- Pay Rate BOE
- High School Diploma
- 2 Year Technical Training or at least 5 years of experience in service and repair of mining lead acid batteries
- SHA Underground Miner Certification Card (or agree to complete within time set by SE Mgt).
- MSHA Electrical Certification Card (or agree to complete within time set by SE Mgt).
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, bend, stoop, climb, and reach.
Apply by clicking the link below and contact the Marion office at (276)783-1002.