PULASKI, VA 24301
Die Maintenance Manager
- This position will work to manage and participate in preventative maintenance, work orders for tool repairs.
- Makes trouble shooting press call to stamping department
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathe, milling machine, radial drill press, and grinder, to machine parts to specifications,
- Metal finish flat and contoured surfaces and fits parts to each other.
- Lifts die parts and positions them for assembly on worktable or surface plate.
- Spotting of dies to match
- Verifies dimensions, clearances and alignment of tooling and die.
- Records information performed on dies.
- Completes proper documentation (daily reports, work orders and other controlled documents); this may include tagging dies after changeover and tool repair.
- Fits and assembles Trim and Forms Steels and also sets punches to the lower.
- Connects wiring, Air and Lube lines to install electric and hydraulic components.
- Dismantles die and repairs or replaces parts.
- Trouble shoot dies and causes of defective parts during production and first piece process. Must be able to make die repairs in a timely manner.
- Able to make tooling production ready in regards to scrapfall, loading/unloading of tools, clamp-up, shut-height, etc.
- Able to work as a team member to contribute to the planning, scheduling and carrying out the die maintenance plan of action
- Other duties may be assigned
Must pass all pre-employment screening